Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Roadside assistance insurance

On 12/23/2014 8:29 AM, KenK wrote:

I'm more concerned about flat tire change, Much more likely. Over past
few years have had one twice. At 80 I don't want to attempt it unless
it's a dire emergency with no help possible.

Might consider going with one of the self-sealing or "run flat"
self-supporting tires, then. At least reasonable chance of being able
to get to service as long as don't hit something so large with the
self-sealing they can't seal. The run-flats have an internal mostly
mechanical supporting structure that lets you get 50-60 miles at least.

Put the self-sealing Uniroyals on the car for mother years ago -- we're
on rural dirt roads and flats are routine. She at least never got
stranded. I understand Uniroyal has quite making theirs but I believe
Continental and perhaps a few others still do...