Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default I hate plumbing repairs

On 12/22/2014 1:06 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 12:46:54 -0600, Leon wrote:

My AC guy turned me on to using white vinegar. Cheap and safe and was
ultimately what unclogged a bathroom vanity drain after religiously
using,
the safe for the environment, drain cleaners that seemed to make the
problem worse. Need a little more umph? Add baking soda.

I can attest to the vinegar. Cleared out a bathroom sink my wife had
clogged with hair. Using a drain cleaner didn't do it.

BTW, I've read that combining baking soda (alkaline) with the vinegar
(acid) adds a little turbulence but also neutralizes the acid in the
vinegar. But others swear it works.

That is what I used, baking soda. I pour in vinegar, pour in baking
soda, pour in more baking soda and shut the drain. Next morning I
flushed hot water. Opened it right up doing this two nights in a row.

What the heck are they putting in tooth paste these days. That is all
that has gone down a 2 year old drain. Nothing helped until I used
vinegar and baking soda.

This combination worked in about 1 hour on a disposal with sweet potato
skins too. That took two applications also.