Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default Roadside assistance insurance

On 2014-12-22, KenK wrote:

Or am I wrong and such a claim or claims will not cause an
increase.....

Can't disprove it by me!

I've had auto insurance with the same company for 5 yrs. Same price
for 4 yrs. The only time I've made a claim is when the fuel pump
failed in my driveway. I called the insurance company to get my
"roadside assistance". The company support operator claimed my policy
didn't include roadside assist. I went in house, got full copy of
policy, and told operator on which page of my policy indicated I DO
have r/a. She said, "I don't have a copy of your policy", like that
was an excuse. Long story short, I paid to have my vehicle towed and
the insurance company re-imbursed me. Three months later, my new
policy came due. They upped the fee by $75 yr.

nb