Posted to rec.woodworking

Default I hate plumbing repairs

On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 12:46:54 -0600, Leon wrote:

My AC guy turned me on to using white vinegar. Cheap and safe and was
ultimately what unclogged a bathroom vanity drain after religiously
using,
the safe for the environment, drain cleaners that seemed to make the
problem worse. Need a little more umph? Add baking soda.

I can attest to the vinegar. Cleared out a bathroom sink my wife had
clogged with hair. Using a drain cleaner didn't do it.

BTW, I've read that combining baking soda (alkaline) with the vinegar
(acid) adds a little turbulence but also neutralizes the acid in the
vinegar. But others swear it works.