Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name

Default Safety camera partnership

On 22/12/2014 09:21, Syd Rumpo wrote:
.... snipped

If pulled by the cops here, I'd get out of the car and walk towards them
while reaching round to my back pocket for my licence. There, I stayed
in the car with my hands on the wheel.

Cheers

I got pulled-over one night in Florida - it was surprising how fast they
got the spotlight on me (and one guy covering with a gun behind an open
door) when I walked towards them!! Perhaps fortunately I had my hands
visible, was wearing a suit and probably looked jet-lagged.
The chat was assertive but reasonably friendly (I laid-on my best
English gent accent) and when they saw my very delapidated pink driving
licence, which was in a couple of pieces, they decided that this was all
too much bother and let me proceed with a suggestion that I reduce my
speed in future when going through a work zone.