Posted to alt.home.repair
firestorm31 firestorm31 is offline

Default blower mulcher for leaves query

On 12/21/2014 11:22 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, December 21, 2014 12:13:05 PM UTC-5, Danny D. wrote:
firestorm31 wrote, on Sun, 21 Dec 2014 10:43:22 -0600:

anyone recommend a blower mulcher for removing leaves?

I have a vacuum mulcher which I never use because it stinks.

If you find a good one, let us know, because twice I've bought
a blower/vacuum-mulcher, and twice I never used the vacuum
part of it for various reasons.

I had a Sears one about 10+ years ago that was a combo blower/mulcher.
It worked pretty well, I liked it. You could use it a regular blower
or attach a big tube to the bottom and a shoulder bag to mulch.
The only problem with the mulching is
that with a shoulder bag, you really can't hold a lot. It was still
useful for getting leaves out of basement window wells, shrub beds, etc.
But it's not useful for doing any large, open areas, where blowing or
blowing/raking works. And IDK if Sears has any similar today, how they
compare to what I had, etc.

did you look to see if the maker of the device has an attachment
accessory to pipe it to a can?

from what research I've done, there are some models that will let you
pipe mulched remains to a garbage can instead of a bag.

--
dilbert firestorm