Posted to alt.home.repair

Default battery season

On 12/20/2014 12:10 PM, songbird wrote:
mostly i'm using AA, AAA, i hate and
avoid customized stuff with special shaped
batteries.

rechargeables or fresh manufactered ones?

which are your favorites?

CY: Cheap alkalines, and name brand LSD NiMH.
I've had some success wiht NiZn.

which recharger works best?

CY: I've not tried enough to really have good
data. I've got a Sanyo Digital, and an Energizer
which do OK. My ReNu has some success with alkalines.
Powergenix has its own charger.

i don't care if it is fast or not, i just don't
want my batteries destroyed. so far i suspect my
recharger is a piece of crap which is destroying
the rechargeable batteries i do have.

testing?

CY: I've been known to leave batteries in a flash
light, and see how many hours it runs.

i'm doing my reading up now, so am looking around, but
will ask here too.

the technology changes so quickly sometimes and
other times it seems to creep along...

cheers, happy holiday battery gizmo use, etc.

CY: Merry Christmas.

songbird

Many situations, different answers work best. I'll
insert some text inline.

As to my own use, I use LSD NiMH in my most used
devices, and NiZn in my computer speakers. I buy
alkalines for seldom used lights like flash light
in vehicle door pouch. Clocks get alkalines, also
smoke detectors. I may buy lithiums for smoke
det, some day. Some small devices like wrist watch
come with lithium "coin" cells.

-
..
Christopher A. Young