Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default USA normalizes relations with Cuba

"philo " wrote in message

If any country is a real and serious threat to the US,
then we simply need to blow them the hell up.

All that reputation was lost when it took ten years to accomplish close to
nothing in Afraq. It's been a long time since we nuked someone (70 years?).
We should at least nuke the NK bomb and missile factories with some neutron
bombs. Or maybe use the new big Bunker Buster bombs. The problem is that
if we do, China might cut off our supply of cheap HDTV's. (-: Busting up
NK's A-bomb facilities might make the Iranians come to Jesus. My Vietnam
buddy told me that when they took up a bunch of suspected VC in a Huey to
interrogate them, they all remained stonily silent until the first
"volunteer" left the cabin without a chute. After that you couldn't shut
ANY of them up. Or so he says. Reminds me of the line from "Full Metal
Jacket" where Joker asks the Huey gunner:

"How can you shoot women and children?!"

"Easy, you just don't lead as much"

FWIW, I always thought we did serious damage to our reputation as biggest
badass on the block by engaging in "one hand tied behind our back" wars like
Nam, Iraq and Afgoatistan. I give the Elder Bush a lot of credit for
punishing Iraq for all the world to see. Nothing says you're the biggest
badass on the block like the Iraqi "highway of death."

http://www.mimages.co.za/files/image...H-BJ_thumb.jpg

I read the other day that our big push to have "democratic" elections in
Afgoatistan resulted in a huge spike in hashish and opium exportation to pay
for the campaigns of the various candidates. There's nothing sadder than a
bunch of western politicians thinking that they can create viable Muslim
democracies. It just isn't in their DNA.

--
Bobby G.