Posted to rec.woodworking
Electric Comet Electric Comet is offline

Default Prices for objects of wood

On Sat, 20 Dec 2014 15:24:45 -0600
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

As Swingman has indicated, there is money to be had when you offer
something that is not main stream. I sell quite successfully at a
fair price, for me and my customer custom designed and built
furniture. In another post today I completed a cutting board. I
built them to give as gifts, I wold sell them for $200+ if selling
them. I am long retired and could maybe make a decent living at
selling my work, if I wanted to work that hard at it, but I don't
want to. What I charge way more than pays for the high dollar
equipment I buy to produce it.

This is encouraging. Even more so because I buy low dollar equipment
and sometimes I get stuff free! Heck I'm practically in the black
as I type.