Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Sharpen ceramic knife

Tom Gardner wrote:
My $5.00 ceramic knife has lost it's razor edge after about 6 months of
daily use. I like the knife and will purchase more ceramic knives and
get better quality. But, for $5 it was a good introduction. I looked
on the web and attempted to sharpen it with the fine/coarse "Smith's"
diamond sharpener I have that is about 1" x 4" and has served me well.
I only worked on the knife for a few minutes and since I didn't know
what I was doing and afraid of doing damage, I stopped. What's the
method to correctly sharpen ceramic knives?

Diamond wheel or flat hone. Sharpen like any other knife.

--
Steve W.