Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Safety camera partnership

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message , Huge
writes

Some small towns sole source of revenue is traffic violations.

I got done in Arizona, 'en route' back from the Grand Canyon. He cited
me for 90-odd in a 55, although I was actually doing ~115. Cost me $100,
IIRC. It was almost worth it for the 'Terminator'-esque cop, sunglasses,
gun and all.

(And before the anti-speeding arseholes get all bent out of shape, it
was a dead-straight, dead-flat, dual carriageway across a desert in the
middle of nowhere. 200mph would have been safe, never mind 55mph.)

I had the same thing with all except the desert.

How come you didn't see him?

In my case by the time it was visibly a cop car, I was booked.

Its just not feasible to slow down to the speed
limit every time you can ever see another car.

Fully agree about the tedious speed limits on empty American roads.