Posted to alt.home.repair
Bobby R. Bobby R. is offline

Default Attic Insulation

On 12/18/2014 9:16 AM, wrote:
I live in CT, in a 100+ year old house. We have hot summers and COLD
winters. I believe that our attic floor was previously insulated, as
our house winter temperatures are easily controlled. Still I cannot
easily verify that insulation. nor amount/ depth - as there is
hardwood flooring in place.

There is no insualtion, on the attic roof insides. I would like to add
insualtion, and looking for guidance. What should I buy for
insualtion, which side facing the roof. Do I need to take efforts, to
provide any air flow ? (There is no roof peak vent). Should I use a
vapor barrier, over the new insualtion?

Would there be any issue/ concern, if I then put drywall over the
insualtion, to make the attic into a finished room?

Thanks for the advise offered. - joe

Not enough information. First: You must find out _if_ you already have
insulation under your flooring. Second: You must verify _if_ the area
above the flooring is conditioned space.

Planning on how to insulate at this point, is wasted effort without the
facts.