Posted to alt.home.repair

Default USA normalizes relations with Cuba

On Sat, 20 Dec 2014 08:35:44 -0600, philo* wrote:

On 12/19/2014 10:37 AM, nestork wrote:

troll comments snipped unread
..

I'm not a liar, but when my wife asked me if the new dress she wanted to
buy made her look fat, I said "No". I'm not a liar, but when my
neighbor's kid pressed me for an answer, I said "Yes, Jamie, there is a
Santa Claus."

Yep.

A smart move when dealing with your wife or neighbor's kid.

Stormin: some things arem't stictly black or white, but various shades
of grey.

I photocopied my income tax return at work, and now the receptionist is
telling everyone that I'm a thief.

There's a difference between a smoker, some kid who gets an adult to buy
him cigarettes so he can supposedly impress his friends, someone who
will have an occasional cigarette when offered one and someone who never
smokes under any circumstances.

"Not a smoker" means someone who isn't hooked and doesn't normally
smoke. It doesn't mean someone who never smokes under any circumstance.
So, to say "I'm not a smoker, but I had a cigarette at last year's
company Christmas Party" is not a contradiction.

I used to watch that bunk all the time on Sunday morning TV where some
TV evangelist would say "If you ever sinned, you are by definition a
"sinner"", and I thought "What bunk". If I pounded out something that
didn't make sense on a piano, does that make me a "musician"?

Last time I had a cigar was 20 years ago.

Who knows , maybe I'll have another at my funeral?

If I ever smoked one it would likely be a few days before my funeral -
- - -