Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default grab bars installation

"NotMe" wrote in message
"Cal Dershowitz" wrote in message
Hello ng,

I've got a little project to add some grab bars. One is next to a
toilet, and they want it diagonal. Another is next to the shower
stall
and vertical. The third is inside the shower and diagonal.

The house is in Oakland, CA. It has real 2 x 4's, lathe and plaster,
and tile in the shower.

Q1) Should I expect 16" on center framing?

When at all possible, I want to be fastening onto studs.

Q2) If not possible, then are toggle bolts the best way to go?

Unless you want to open things up and put in some deadwood, toggles or
molly bolts are about it.

--

dadiOH