Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Why Build Excellent CAD Into Your Awesome CAM Product?

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 15:14:39 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

Yesterday evening I turned a
1/2-20 to 5/8-18 adapter bushing to use a larger hole saw on a
smaller
arbor that fits my 3/8" angle drill. The last gear I cut with a
shop-ground tool bit was a new steering sector for my tractor.
-jsw

That's pushing it. g My only point there was to make clear that
gears are not cut with form cutters, except as a last resort.
They're
almost always a compromise, although they'll usually work if you
don't
need extremely smooth conjugate action.

--
Ed Huntress

Right, and threads aren't single-pointed on an antique leather belt
driven lathe, except by home hobbyists who haunt
rec.crafts.metalworking.
-jsw