Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Safety camera partnership

On 19/12/2014 14:36, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 11:21:01 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

For those of us who don't use sat nav systems, I think speed limit
repeater signs are valuable. With the current vogue for 20,30 and then
40mph limits on leaving a built up area, I often find myself trying to
guess the distance between lamp posts.

Why ? What does the distance have to do with it ? The law is unless
otherwise indicated, the speed limit on a road with a network (apparently
more than 3) of streetlights is 30mph.

A system is at least three lights, which must be provided to light the
road, and, in England and Wales, they must be no more than 183 metres
(200 yards) apart for the speed limit to apply.

--
Colin Bignell