Ed Sirett

Default Advice on living flame gas fire

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 05:12:19 +0000, Martin Pentreath wrote:

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message on.co.uk...

I have fittd several of these including one in my own home.
They seem reliable enough, they have changed supplier recently and the new
unit seems to give out a bit less heat that the older (£120 quid) ones.

Thanks Ed. Any feelings on whether they look particularly like a real
fire? Call me shallow, but my living room is kept warm enough by the
rads and I'm more interested in having the fire for effect.

All too real except for a slight hissing (not audible above even low TV
sound). So real you may have to train people not to use it as an
incinerator. They take about 20 minutes or so to get relly convincing.

Your radiator should have a TRV or the main thermostat should be in the
living room (but then the house will get cold).

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk