Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Peltier Coolers

In article o.uk,
"Dave Liquorice" writes:
Need a couple of chunky peltier coolers, one around 120 W another
above 60 W. Recommended are 12709 and 12710, plenty of suppliers on
Amazon/eBay but they all seem to be Far East based.

I bought a couple of the 40mm square ones from a radio fair many
years ago - not sure such things happen much anymore.

One possible source might be the small pelier fridges, which might
appear in the sales after (or even just before) Christmas.
(I was buying them to fix two such fridges 30 years ago.)

Note they come in sealed and not-sealed types. If you will be
running one side below the dew point, you need sealed ones, or
they will have a short life due to internal moisture and corrosion.
(That's what had killed the ones in the fridges, although I
managed to fix one of the peltiers afterwards by bypassing the
first junction.)

--
Andrew Gabriel