Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Montana man was setting up traps for burglars

trader_4 wrote:

From reading those clauses and what I know of the circumstances from
the media, I would think they'd probably find him guilty.

They did, deliberate homicide. That's the top shelf charge, a minimum of 10
years, maximum of 100 in the state penitentiary. Mitigated deliberate
homicide (2 years minimum) or negligent homicide (max of $50,000 fine or 20
years max) might have been a safer charge, but the prosecutor went all out.

As a footnote, this is a state where even most of the liberal Democrats have
a firearm and most castle doctrine cases don't even go to trial. He just did
too many stupid things, but as I said there's no statute for felonious
stupidity.