Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Montana man was setting up traps for burglars

On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 2:12:27 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 12:58:59 -0600, "ChairMan"
wrote:

Moe DeLoughan wrote:
On 12/17/2014 12:31 PM, wrote:
if it is a jury trial,

the jury should be informed of their rights of "jury
nullification"

look it up

Mark

Yeah, look it up. There is no such thing. This is a
Sovereign
Citizen/right wing nutjob myth, nothing more.

Really?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_nullification

http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/jury_nullification

Legal "...counsel is not permitted to present the concept of jury
nullification to the jury."

See U.S. v. Thomas, 116 F.3d 606 (2d Cir. 1997)
http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F3/116/606/611938/

Which would be a rather strange thing, if it were in fact a "right".
Juries can do it on their own, but it's not a right in the constitution or codifed in the law. As further proof it's not a right, judges give
juries instructions on the law, what they need to find to convict or
acquit, what they can and cannot consider. I'd
like to see one example where the judge told the jury they have the
right to chuck the law and use "nullification". For those that think
this is a right, I'm curious. Is it only a right to nullify and acquit?
Or can they nullify and convict too? I guess that would be defined in
the law that covers nullification, but somehow I think there is no such law.