Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Montana man was setting up traps for burglars

"nestork" wrote in message

I didn't watch the video because I'm on dial-up and it takes forever for
me to download a video, but I'm presuming that some guy named Kaarma was
setting boobie traps on his property in response to people breaking into
his home and stealing stuff.

I think there is a very big difference between "The use of force" and
setting boobie traps on your property. I think the law here says that
you can use deadly force against someone who you believe is wanting to
come onto your property or into your house to commit a serious crime
against someone (like rape, murder or armed robbery) or against your
property (like arson).

From what I got out of it, it was not a 'booby trap' as such. He just left
the garage door partly open and waited on the person. From the pix it
looked as if his garage is similar to mine,where if youleave the door open
you can then go inside and open a door to the house.

Not that it was a gun or such set to go off when a door was opened or a wire
was tripped.

---