Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default (OT) Replacing white numbers on a keyboard

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 22:23:59 -0700, rbowman wrote:

Thomas wrote:

If you wore off the letters, chances are you know where each key is and
don't need to re-do them. No?

No. I'm not a touch typist by any means and most of the letters on this
keyboard are gone. With my 2 or 3 finger typing style once I get indexed I
can get by but finding the 'i' instead of 'o' or 'u' is iffy.

Funny you mentioned the I and the O. Those two are worn off and are my
biggest ones to mix up. Yea, I do know where the keys are, but it's
earier to type when I can read the letters. I never learned to type the
traditional way, but I can type fast just using a few fingers on each
hand.

The letters are NOT recessed. They were just painted on. I will be
looking for some of the stick on ones, if they are not too costly. But
I'm not concerned about the font and all of that. I'd be happy to just
use a fine point magic marker, if they were made in white.

I've heard about "paint sticks". but never used them, or know how they
work. That was a consideration, but I'm not sure where they are sold.
Otherwise, I may just take some oil paint and a small artists brush and
do my best.

I was wondering about trying nail polish. I know they sell a metallic
silver, and a brush is included. But I dont use nail polish (I dont
have breasts)
So I dont know much about it, except that it seems to be durable, and
needs acetone to remove.