Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default Consumer unit regulations change

On 2014-12-17, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Adam Funk wrote:
It depends on the nuisance, I guess. In the American system, two
plug-in electric heaters on the same circuit will trip the 15 A fuse,
but I think those things are less common than they used to be. In the
British system, I think the problem is more likely to be tripping the
RCD (especially if it's shared over more than one MCB circuit) because
of the sum of slight leakages from the dozen appliances plugged into
the same ring.

I'd say if you suffer from nuisance RCD trips you need to investigate why.

It's not a problem I have, but I've heard of it.

Only 'nuisance' trips I get is when some bulbs fail and trip the
appropriate MCB - which didn't happen in fuse days.

Use type C MCBs?