Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Kapex, no, bosch maybe

On 12/16/2014 8:11 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 12/16/2014 1:27 AM, wrote:
If I was in the market for a good slider, I would look at the Makita
1016. It has great capacity for nested crown moldings (something like
6 1/2" !!)and will cut 12" wide shelf material. You can get this
model with a laser, and it is supposed to be pretty accurate with a
tuneup.

Have a 13 year old LS1013 that has maintained its accuracy after it did
a flip off the portable stand and landed upside down.

Problem is, it has gotten heavier since I bought it...

I had that one too. But mine tumbled down the basement stairs a few
years ago.
I picked up a really cheap saw to break stuff down, but I've been
wanting something better. I'll admit I don't use it too often, mostly
for breaking down. but when I had my makita I used it more often.
I loved that big ass table too. I should have bought another before
they totally disappeared.

maybe I'll save the money for the saw stop. My son is out of school, we
are starting to recover from not having a job for 6 months.., 6 months
after going back to work.

--
Jeff