Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT -What has happened to Google Maps?

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 15:40:31 -0500, Don Wiss
wrote:

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014, micky wrote:

Weather.com changed its format a week ago, and I don't like it, but I
think I couldn't even find an email address.

And two weeks ago, the certificates to *receive* email via Verizon.com
expired, or changed, for no apparent reason, and I had to fiddle with my
news reader (Eudora) to get mail again. No warning or help from
Verizon. I had to ask online for help, in order to make it work.

Last night the same t hing happed wrt "sending" email via Verizon, via
my laptop, with slightly different steps needed to fix it, but at least
I had an idea where to start. However this morning the desktop
computer still sends email just fine, on the same account, same DSL line

I have always preferred weather.gov. No ads. I keep two shotcuts on my

Weather.com's advertising is after the weather

toolbar. One for hourly and the other for 7-Day. The below have my
coordinates. Find your latitude and longitude and edit them into the links.

So now I know where to find you if I need you.

Hourly
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...=0&bw=0&menu=1

If you live down south, click on show menu, uncheck snow/freezing
rain/sleet, click on hide menu, and save that link.

7-Day
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ite=all&smap=1

This will find your latitude and longitude:
http://www.daftlogic.com/sandbox-goo...d-altitude.htm

Enter zip code, or city and state. Then zoom in and click on your location.

Thanks. I'll check it out.