Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff[_2_] Brian Gaff[_2_] is offline

Default solar pv to storage heater

This sounds very inefficient if it would work at all.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
wrote in message
Id like to find out if its possible to buy a few solar pv panels, and take
the feed
from that direct to a storage heater or underfloor heating pad. Not plug
into the grid, or even the house
electrical circuit. And not have the heater or heating coil attached to
the mains either to avoid
any shocks etc. Straight from pv to dedicated electric heater.
It doesnt matter if the heat only comes in the day. Thats when I need the
heat anyways.
Ive seen underfloor heating kits. And seperate pv solar panels. Can the pv
panel
plug straight into the coil of the kit?
One reason I ask is that a few months ago I had seen a solar powered pv
panel to underfloor heating kit
for a few hundred pounds online. Ive lost the link, but I know its
possible. What Id like to do
Is buy something like that, wrap the coil in bricks and some sort of cover
and get cheap heat.
Any thoughts advice etc?
For instance can the electric output from a pv panel go straight to the
heating coil and
trickle feed it. and slowly heat the coil Or does it need an intermediate
pulse convertor?