Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCF ART300A speaker

"made of plain pink coloured silicone. "

Mine are not pink.

I agree about the thing being dangerous. the owner's manual says to put speaker fuses in, well why didn't they put in some sockets of they weren't going to do anything else ?

Hm, was speaker protection even out there back then ? that might be a subject of interest. Or not.

Yup, and I own one of those. I really like how it sounds, but it has the evil look of a speaker blower extraordinaire.

It has done in my tweeters and tore the rubber right of my one 500 watt rated car subwoofer. I mean it ripped the rubber right off the aluminum. Believe it or not, at lower levels it stil sounds OK, but the fact still remains I need a pair of woofers. I am due to get them in the next couple days but then I still got the tweeter problem. Either way, for regular house speakers, **** like the 400-2 is danggerous. there is more power out there but it is usually protected.

some of the best sounding amps have nothing. Those old GFAs. the fuvck made them ? Oh, Adcom. And the Ampzilla, though I did not like the fact that the outputs are arrainged in series. However they DID have an actual speaker fuse. I am not sure of what else, and you kow what ? I am not sure what kind of distortion people seek. Sound is available thatis so perfect now that all this old **** would be discarded. WOULD BE.

As long as they pay as they say...

What do youse people down under and in the English grip call a garage ? I don't mean here you get a car fixed, I mena where you go out to smoke and drink becaus the olady doesn't like it.

I mean, I cannot predict this. TYou call the hood of a car the bonnet. You ccall the trunk a boot. What am I to do here ? And don't gimme this **** about l;earning English, there is noone here to teach me.