Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Kapex, no, bosch maybe

I wouldn't buy a 12" slider, period. None of them are as accurate as their smaller brothers in testing, and certainly not in the field. And carrying those monsters around... no fun at all, nothing convenient about them.

If I was in the market for a good slider, I would look at the Makita 1016. It has great capacity for nested crown moldings (something like 6 1/2" !!)and will cut 12" wide shelf material. You can get this model with a laser, and it is supposed to be pretty accurate with a tuneup.

And if you are just going to use that 12" slider in your shop, make sure you take a look at one in person to see just how frikkin' big and bulky they are.

Robert