Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Kapex, no, bosch maybe

On 12/15/2014 8:16 PM, woodchucker wrote:
Well, I have wanted a Kapex for years. Space, dust and accuracy .. but I
can't pull the trigger at 1400 now. up from 1200 last year.

So now the bosch 12 glide is on sale. 599 at both HD and amazon.
the 10" is also 599 not on sale.
I have read the reviews, plenty of people complaining about lack of
accuracy, plenty saying it's accurate. Dust is not very good, and the
high quality laser you would expect does not exist at all.

Anyone have this saw?
opinions.
I know, I know ... but I'm curious.

I would buy neither the Festool or the Bosch for accuracy. I would love
to have either but would probably opt for the Bosch 12" for half the
price. If I want accurate I cut it on the TS. If I need to cross cut a
**** load, I would opt for the miter saw. The miter saw would also be
great for cutting stock to workable lengths.

FWIW when I stepped up to a cabinet saw in 1999 my delta began CMS
collecting dust.