Peter Ashby

Default Safety spectacles, why so difficult?

In article ,
wrote:

I just phoned the optician where I last went for glasses and asked
about some 'safety spectacles' made up to the same prescription as my
current (reading) glasses for use when D-I-Y'ing.

They didn't have much idea what I was on about really! It seems strange
to me in our safety conscious society that something like this is hard
to find.

the last time I asked for those, about 5 years ago they came back with
lenses so thick and heavy my glasses kept sliding down my nose. I took
them back and got them changed for ordinary ones. I don't see why
toughened glass needs to be 2x thicker and heavier than the normal
variety.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.