Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Exposed Outdoor Main Breaker problems

On 12/15/2014 2:33 PM, TimR wrote:
On Monday, December 15, 2014 12:41:47 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
Maybe do like the banks, and attach an exploding dye pack to the switch !

Years ago when there were still fire alarm boxes, they coated the lever
with a blue grease that was almost impossible to wash off.

We coated a bunch of fire alarms with gentian violet powder.

Good stuff, it's almost invisible until it hits moisture then it's bright purple.

We caught the first kid that way, then the others started pulling the alarm with a coat hanger.

They used to do fire alarm handles with UV
glow stuff. Gloves and rags are cheap, to
isolate from hands.

--
..
Christopher A. Young