Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default Exposed Outdoor Main Breaker problems

In ,
typed:
In my area, all commercial buildings must have an exterior MAIN
breaker, and it can not be locked. This is so the fire department
can shot off the power quickly if there is a fire or other disaster. . . .
,

Isn't there something that can be done? Why cant the Fire Dept
install their own lock, and give the owner a key? I decided to post
this, to see if other communities have any sort of solution.

I would be interested in knowing which State or town has this requirement.