Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Consumer unit regulations change

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It's rather like Kwikfit - be seen use a torque wrench and you can't
be sued for a wheel coming off. But has anyone ever seen them check
the torque wrench setting against a chart to make sure it is correct
for that particular car?

You'd think that they would only need to do that for very obscure cars.

If you Google, it's easy to find a chart of a maker's torque settings
for wheel nuts. Ford, for example, go from 90 to 200 lb.ft depending
on model - with just about everything inbetween.

Sure, but I meant that the common ones would surely stick in their heads
so you would only see them using the chart for the very obscure cars.

Not that I have ever seen them change the torque setting either.

Of course not.