Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_5_] Graham.[_5_] is offline

Default Consumer unit regulations change

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 13:13:37 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Graham. wrote:
I regularly shorten extension leads at the plug end. The flex comes
with bootlace ferrules fitted and the terminal screws are always lose
due to the elasticity of the ferrules.

I've never, ever, seen this on a commercial extension lead.

It's badged Belin. We wouldn't have high expectations, but the public
might.

https://flic.kr/p/qqgfra

I could almost undo the terminals with my thumbnail, and certainly
could withdraw the wires after a quarter turn.
The screw head has made very little impression on the ferrule, they
just needed to give it more welly, but there has been no improvement
over several years of using them.

And yes, I did notice the lose strand from the neutral and the slight
nick live insulation.

Here is the other end of one I photographed some time ago, to
illustrate another failing.
Perhaps you can spot what was on my mind?

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%