Posted to alt.home.repair
BobMCT BobMCT is offline

Default Smoke alarms

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 20:44:53 -0500, "Bobby R."
wrote:

Suggestions for battery operated smoke alarms. I currently have alarms
with a built in light, tho I doubt the light would do any good in a real
fire.

My current smoke alarms have 2-9v each. I see some use just a AA battery.

Not about to have them hard wired in, so that option is out. Looking for
suggestions on decent alarms.

Thx.

Bobby

FWIW, I just upgraded mine to a new wireless model. I have one combo
smoke/co on each floor (3) and one smoke only in each bedroom (4).
These run one year+ on 2 AA alkalines. And the interesting part is
that they are all talking to one another wirelessly and they even
talk.
If/when an alarm is triggered they will actually identify the
detection and location (i.e.: carbon monoxide detected in basement .
.. .) Mine are First Alert model SCO500 series. Not too cheap but
pretty much a one-time investment.

Happy searching.

---