Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Ameri-Clean@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default OT -What has happened to Google Maps?

On Sunday, December 14, 2014 8:49:53 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I just went to my bookmarked "Google Maps" to find out where a special hardware store is located. Instead of getting my normal 60540 local area code map, I get s high-altitude panoramic view of the entire northern Illinois area. No way to move, enlarge or reduce the map. Then alittle bit and mostly below the panoramic view, I also get a lot of graphics and the equivalent of 3-4 scroll-down pages of gibberish and symbols and "stuff". My book mark is unchanged. Mapquest, yellowpages maps, etc, all still work ok. Anyone else notice this problem?

Google maps changed format recently. I don't like it because of the boxes of text that cover the map. If you click on the question mark you have a choice to return to the classic style.