Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Tom Gardner Runs Ohio Brush Into The Ground

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 20:32:30 -0500, "Steve W."
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:
Snipped to singular point:

And on a separate note, i've heard about those soup kitchens and
the claims that authorities put expensive and controversial
prescription drugs and prison sedatives like seroquel and risperdal
into the food that they serve those people and families.

Never having been in a soup kitchen, I've never heard those stories.

Having been in a few in a local city, helping as a cook or server, I've
heard a LOT of this kind of stuff. Of course 2/3 or better of the folks
dining there are also ones who should be in mental institutions.
Basically the same folks who say that man never went to the moon, that
9/11 was an inside job and that they expect the mother ship any day now.

Only problem is that 99% of those kitchens are run by churches or
assistance groups who get nothing from the "authorities" I know I've
never added anything like that, well maybe a small amount of wine or
beer depending on the dish, I mean really, how can you serve "beer
battered fish" without adding BEER !! Braised Beef in wine sauce without
a good wine ???? (and yes we did cook like that for a couple places, we
did special meals now and then if donations worked out just right)
Normally we did the common things like grilled cheese & tomato soup,
stew, chili, basically whatever we had ingredients for worked.

I have a neighbor who donates some of his time to helping out in soup
kitchens. He's an admirable guy in many ways. And that's an admirable
thing you're doing, too, Steve.

Now wait. Plumper will show up and claim you're making people
dependent and helpless. g

--
Ed Huntress