Posted to rec.woodworking

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

On 12/14/2014 3:59 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 16:14:56 +0000 (UTC), John McCoy
wrote:

Leon wrote in
:

John McCoy wrote:

One local station last week, $2.67 for regular, $3.07 for
premium. Another a few blocks away, $2.69 for regular,
$3.57 for premium. One guy is 40 cents extra, the other
is 90 cents. What makes it worse is most stations don't
post their price for mid-grade or premium (just regular
and diesel), so you don't know if you're going to be ripped
off until you pull up to the pump.

Do you have a smart phone?

An app, GasBuddy, will locate and give you all grade pricing to
stations near you sorted by proximity to you or by price.

I do, but GasBuddy is often out-of-date, and for the local
stations I know who cheats and who doesn't. And if I'm not
in my area, I'm not going to search around looking for an
unfamiliar address just to save a few cents. So it's not
as useful as one might think.

I find it quite useful, particularly on trips. Around here, I have
may favorite places but outside of the area I always use GasBuddy. I
find its numbers to be quite recent, often within the hour. I also do
my best on the other end to make it better.

Might find stations on the highway are 10 cent or more expensive
(sucking in the tax money & profits) while a block off the line or at
the other end of a small town you drive through is lower.

I have one just like that. An interstate freeway and a state Hwy road
bisects it. The interstate snags the out of town folk blowing by while
the one on the state Hwy we drive a few blocks away is much lower.

Sometimes you pay. This county is always higher than those around.
All of the gas is trucked in. One company owns most of it.

Martin