Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tom Gardner Runs Ohio Brush Into The Ground

On Sunday, December 14, 2014 5:45:40 PM UTC-8, Steve W. wrote:
Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 15:04:45 -0500, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 12/14/2014 1:46 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
Jesus. Whatever kinds of people you hang out with, I hope I never meet
one without a gun in my hand.

-- Ed Huntress

And here I'm getting softer toward gun control.

I think Jon should just be ignored, he never has any on-topic posts.I
don't consider his CAD/CAM on-topic because he only talks about things
that other people did and no one cares about.

That's all he knows. He gets everything from what other people have
said. The people who tracked him through the various blogs over the
years -- the ones who really know the products he talks about --
spotted him for a phony years ago. That's why a Google search on "Jon
Banquer" produces such a disgusting string of results.

I've never seen anything
he has machined or built. I'd bet he is the first entry in everybody's
kill-file. Notice how he responds to his own posts?

It's funny. I counted seven in a row one time. I don't know what he
was saying, but he sure likes talking to himself.

Unfortunately,
when other people respond to him, I see those posts. Is there a way to
filter those out? It's really quite sad, he just doesn't get it.

I don't know if there's a way to do that.

Depends on the reader you are using. I can set up the filters in this
antique version of T-Bird to eliminate all mention of him. It allows
filtering from header or body information. Plus you can create multiple
key filters where it may look for his info in the from header, coupled
with info in the reply header and his name in the body of the post.

So it might look like
Delete any message with a from or reply to of (it
also allows limited wildcards for the domain names) then delete if
jon_banquer is in the header or body.

But then you miss the fun.... I usually settle from blocking his direct
posts.

--
Steve W.

Bottom line, Steve W. reads what I post and tries to pretend he doesn't.