Posted to rec.woodworking

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 16:14:56 +0000 (UTC), John McCoy
wrote:

Leon wrote in
:

John McCoy wrote:

One local station last week, $2.67 for regular, $3.07 for
premium. Another a few blocks away, $2.69 for regular,
$3.57 for premium. One guy is 40 cents extra, the other
is 90 cents. What makes it worse is most stations don't
post their price for mid-grade or premium (just regular
and diesel), so you don't know if you're going to be ripped
off until you pull up to the pump.

Do you have a smart phone?

An app, GasBuddy, will locate and give you all grade pricing to
stations near you sorted by proximity to you or by price.

I do, but GasBuddy is often out-of-date, and for the local
stations I know who cheats and who doesn't. And if I'm not
in my area, I'm not going to search around looking for an
unfamiliar address just to save a few cents. So it's not
as useful as one might think.

I find it quite useful, particularly on trips. Around here, I have
may favorite places but outside of the area I always use GasBuddy. I
find its numbers to be quite recent, often within the hour. I also do
my best on the other end to make it better.