Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johny B Good[_2_] Johny B Good[_2_] is offline

Default Pain in the Butt Microsoft

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 13:27:47 +0000, "Dennis@home"
wrote:

On 12/12/2014 13:21, Dennis@home wrote:
On 12/12/2014 12:24, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 10 December 2014 18:32:13 UTC, Dennis@home wrote:
On 10/12/2014 11:14, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 December 2014 19:30:24 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

You don't have to be rich to buy a Mac.

True.

PCs cost more NOT less.

Like hell they do.

it obviously depends on what you want.
I've got a retina Mac at the monment what PC can you buy that is
similar enough to make it worth comparing ?

Any PC with HD at a sensible viewing distance.

I notice you didn't site one.

I don't need too, and they will be different next week anyway.

Retina is just a marketing trick, any display viewed from far enough
away is a retina display. It appears that apple users fall for the
trick.

So what's the fuss with a 4k monitor/TVs are you saying they aren;t as
good as HD ?

How far away are you going to sit?
How big is the screen?
The human eye can only resolve about 4 arcminutes (about 0.002 degrees)
so you can work out what's retina once you decide the viewing distance
and the pixel size. That's before you take into account peoples poor
vision.

Sorry make that 0.0002 degrees.

The other way, 0.02 to 0.03 degrees according to wikipedia.
--
J B Good