nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Default OT - I can't be the only one...

I'm kinda getting sick and tired of our Canadian Prime Minister, Mr. Stephen Harper, going to other countries and promising them a whole bunch of money and aid when that money and aid is needed right here in Canada.

I'm not a veteran, but my understanding is that Canada, just like most other countries, treats it's veterans like dirt. There's all the parades and the noise made about how all these men (and women) were and are heros, but where the rubber hits the road, and money is needed, it's just not there. Here in Canada, the federal government is closing a bunch of Veteran's Affairs offices across the country ostensibly to save money.

But, at the same time they've announced that they will be giving a pile of money and aid to the Phillipines because of the recent typhoon that tore through the Phillipines.

I can't be the only that sees something wrong there. Why can't our government spend money raised in Canada on Canadians and give a great big heartfelt "Our thoughts and prayers are with you." to the Phillipinos?

Last edited by nestork : December 14th 14 at 02:18 AM