Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Tire pressure

On 12/13/2014 1:41 PM, rbowman wrote:
dpb wrote:

I've not run a second set of rims on a passenger vehicle in at least 40
years; doubt if there's one in ten-thousand that do...

Holding up his hand... I rotate and swap the winter and summer rims/tires
myself. I don't get any surprises if I have a flat since I don't torque the
nuts down to 400 ft-lbs like the Magnificent Hulk at the tire store. When it
comes time for a new set of shoes, I dump the set off in the morning and
pick them up at night rather than hanging around a tire store for hours.
Works for me.

Not enough snow/ice here to bother to change the automobiles out and the
4x4 PUs all have all-weather on them, anyway. When it does snow here,
it almost always blows so much that car can't do anything with the
drifting anyway because such low ground clearance so the tires really
make no difference.

Bought the wife a Buick Lucerne w/ the AWD and 20" rims so she'd have
something w/ more traction/clearance on the muddy roads when it does
(rarely last several years of drought) rain enough that the roads are
muddy...it's been useful a couple of times since had it for the purpose.
It's also actually a decent field-errand car for meals during harvest
time and the like as she's so short that getting in/out of and driving
the 4-wheelers is a lot of work and she doesn't like them. The Enclave
handles the sandy fields very well and has enough clearance to not high
center unduly or be a terrible fire hazard w/ the catalytic converter
dragging stubble...