Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fires and mud in Callifornia

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 08:36:36 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

micky wrote, on Sat, 13 Dec 2014 01:04:22 -0500:

All this background information is interesting, really, but it distracts
from the question of whether the homeowner do or hire someone to do
replanting.

The land burned by fires is 1 billionth of the land available.
Plus, nature recovers the flora and fauna after a fire relatively quickly.
Anyway, that's all I'll say as I'm not an expert in reforestation dynamics.

You are right in that generally the regrowth comes from the root
system remaining below the ground after the fire, along with seeds
released by the heat of the fire (certain pines, and I believe
redwoods, cannot reseed without fire).
The biggest problem in California is people are building homes where
no person in their right mind would consider building anything due to
the instability of the geological formations underlying the whole
area. Matthew 7:24-27 repeats what was even back then considered to be
solid well-known knowledge: