Posted to uk.d-i-y
LumpHammer LumpHammer is offline

Default Consumer unit regulations change

On 12/12/2014 09:59, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 08:18:19 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

Is it retrospective, i.e. will everyone with a plastic CU have to get
it changed immediately or within a limited time period, or is it only
for CU's in new-builds or when one is changed during a house refurb?

Very rarely is any change in any regulation retrospective. It raises
the "who pays" spectre and no one want's to (or has the money).

I'd be very surprised it applied to anything other than new build or
replacement.

It will give surveyors and electricians another thing to put in their
survey reports though.

I wouldn't be surprised if has quite a rapid impact, because
electricians seem quite keen in my experience to replace CUs with ones
conforming to the latest standards.