Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cl@isbd.net is offline

Default Consumer unit regulations change

harryagain wrote:

wrote in message
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Pleased to say I always throught the thermosoftening plastic CU's were a
liability and I have fitted commercial metal ones when I've replaced CU's
over the last ~15 years.

I've always felt those modern floppy plastic things were no patch over
a proper thermosetting Wylex box and was amazed they were considered
compliant.

They did have wooden bases, or have you forgotten?

The problem with the metal clad stuff was it rusted, the paint is often so
poor.
I wonder if it'll have to be galvanised?
I have metal ones, gave them a light spray of WD 40, seem to presreve them.

I have three Contactum CUs (bought in the last two or three years from
TLC), they're in a boat so quite damp conditions. They all look
perfect so far. ... oh, they're painted metal ones, that was the point!

--
Chris Green
ยท