Posted to sci.electronics.repair
petrus bitbyter[_2_] petrus bitbyter[_2_] is offline

Default Removing non opening DVD drive

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in
:

Well this has got me stumped.

I have here a Liteon HDD/DVD recorder (TV programs) that will not
eject the disk that is inside it. There is power, the disc spins, and
you can press eject and it tries to do so but fails.
I can't remove the mech from the unit because the drawer front decal
panel is too big to pull into the unit, and the front part of the
chassis prevents the drive coming out of the front of the unit.
So the drive will not go either backwards or forwards to enable its
removal.

If I broke this decal panel off the tray it would, but I don't really
want to do that.

How do you get these things out?

I have done this many a time with CD players, I either eject the
drawers and remove the front panels, or you can usually undo the 4
screws holding the mech to the chassis, and it will move forward
enough to enable the panel to be removed.
But not this one, its tight against the front chassis.

Cheers,

Gareth.

There is a way to remove the top cover. As you removed the screws on the
back already, the cover should be lifted a little and pulled backward. FAIK
there are no screws on the sides but maybe a kind of a click mechanism.

petrus bitbyter