Posted to alt.home.repair
Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds is offline

Default Spreadsheet of KWH versus Gasoline Cost for 22 Electric and Plug-In Hybrid Cars

In article ,
trader_4 wrote:

On Wednesday, December 10, 2014 4:27:25 PM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal
wrote:
trader_4 writes:
On Wednesday, December 10, 2014 2:45:00 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 12/10/2014 12:27 PM, SMS wrote:

Very interesting study. Pardon the pun, but what you pay for=20
electricity is shocking. Private co. here in DE is about
11=A2/KWH. At my 6,000 mi/yr I'd save about $180/yr with hybrid
but if you factor=20 in extra cost of the hybrid over
conventional car savings would be nil.

That's what happens when you let a bunch of libs run things. I'll
bet if you look at the root causes, he's paying 32c/kwh because
they are funding moon beams, saving the whales, whatever, off his
electric bill.

As usual, your conservative filter has interjected nonsense. The
CPUC has instituted tiered rates to encourage conservation and
reduce the need to build new power plants.

As usual, you can't do basic math. All you've told us is that the
rates are being set artificially high by govt. Now think about it.
There is a huge, about 2X difference in revenue coming in and it's
got to be going somewhere. And if they are using it to chase
economically unviable energy sources, which even you apparently
acknowledge, that is indeed chasing moon beams and saving the whales.
Capiche?

the CPUC doesn't set rates, the power companies do. the CPUC has been
successful in lowering energy consumption to the point that with a
population larger than Texas it uses less electricity and no one is
being sent to the poor house

The basic rate is about USD0.15/kwh for the
initial basic allocation and goes up in two tiers based on usage.
The highest rate is USD0.35/kwh for the top tier (but that only
accounts for about 10% or less of the average customer usage, so
they're paying much less per kwh each month).

So, again, the libs are artificially jacking up rates and screwing
the consumer, big time. And where is all that money going? How much
punishment to the citizens is enough? Have you libs no compassion
for the poor? I guess you like to screw them with one big hand, keep
them down and out, then pretend to help them with the other hand, by
making them dependent on govt and you libs for assistance.

no, the libs have reduced energy consumption and therefore improved the
financial ability of the "poor"

This stupidity is like the US screwing our economy, our citizens, our
jobs, by placing huge costs on the economy over CO2, while India and
China do as they please. It's like ****ing in the wind. In this
case, you libs must feel wonderful, pretending to save the
environment, while in almost every other state, we're enjoying
electric at half the rates or less, and what you're doing makes no
difference in the grand scheme.

rates might be lower, but bills aren't. you poor conservatives who feel
you have to have 150 incandescent bulbs can have them and one day your
CO2 rich power plant will run out of coal