Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Propane (and now Star Trek fiction)

On 12/10/2014 9:12 PM, Tegger wrote:
Yep. I have quite a number of Star Trek "making of" books that were
purchased in my teens, and somehow never hit the trash. They discuss props
and sets in some detail, and seem to relish the cheesiness and ad-hoc
nature of them.

Dr. McCoy's "detectors" or whatever they were that he used to wave over
patients to diagnose them were actually salt-shakers.

There was one episode where the cast was supposed to run down the stairs of
a stone castle, except that the set's stairs were wooden and echoed like
crazy. Apparently the cast broke up in uncontrollable laughter on the first
take on account of the incongruity, and the boomy echo had to be edited out
in the final print.

The one scene where that ugly salt sucking creature
named Nancy Pelosi, was it? They had to steal a salt
shaker from the studio cafeteria, they didn't have
a salt shaker on hand.

-
..
Christopher A. Young