Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Removing non opening DVD drive

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
o.uk...
On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 03:35:41 -0800, dansabrservices wrote:

This one like most computer based DVD units, should have a small
pin-hole in the front. Use a paperclip to push the tab on the inside to
open it up. The loading belt has probably dried up a bit and doesn't
have enough grip to release the clamp from the disk.

Dan

Yes, the one I fitted most recently had the same restriction on the front
panel. So there was a bent wire supplied with the drive specifically for
releasing the drawer before fitting. Note the pressure may have to be
quite firm to get the parts moving; it's not spring loaded!

Mike.

No, this one has no pinhole.

Gareth.

I should have mentioned, this is not the "pop open" type, it is the old
style motor/rubber band/coggy type opening mechanism.

Gareth.